About The Role and Team:
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
The Head of Marketing Strategy and Analytics serves as a strategic business partner to the CMO and the Marketing LT, facilitating the establishment of marketing strategy and ensuring alignment of business objectives with operational budgets and KPIs. You understand how impactful data can be in determining the right marketing strategy, and how important smooth operations are to executing that strategy. You can roll up your sleeves, but also thrive at building teams in a highly dynamic environment. You will bring a data-driven framework to help guide the direction of our organization in the design and scaled execution of our go-to-market strategies.
As a Head of Marketing Strategy and Analytics, you will:
- Provide trusted advice and consultation to the CMO and marketing leadership team, leveraging data to improve performance and achieve alignment with the broader GTM Organization
- Deliver a consistent and simple analytics framework that allows leadership to understand key trends, headwinds, and tailwinds while guiding key decisions through the use of data and analytics.
- Proactively identifies, develops, and drives longer-term strategies and initiatives that will deliver sustained growth at scale (e.g. “the path to 10x our top 100 accounts”)
- Partner with our Finance, RevOps, and Marketing teams to drive corporate reporting, demand forecasting, and planning across the entire marketing team
- Architect and implement appropriate KPIs and experimentations to accelerate pipeline growth, run full funnel pipeline analyses to assess and triage the areas of greatest risk and opportunity on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with analysts and engineers to develop and improve our marketing analytics infrastructure, including data pipelines and predictive models
- Manage, mentor, coach, inspire, and recruit a team of high-performing marketing analysts
- Delivers effective change management and communications for technology implementation, data policy and process re-engineering within marketing
- Work closely with other Analytics leaders to evolve and continually improve Amplitude’s analytics culture in a high paced growth environment
You’ll be a great addition to the team if:
- 7+ years of analytics experience with 2+ years of management experience
- Solid understanding of sales, marketing, and customer success processes and metrics of a b2b SaaS business
- Proven track record of business impact in driving analytics for a growth, performance, direct response, or other ROI-goaled marketing program
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with a willingness to be hands on
- Natural curiosity and solutions-oriented mindset that leads to proactively coming to the table with creative solutions
- Effective analytics management skills: you know how to prioritize the highest-impact work, and how to effectively coach and empower a team of analysts
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – able to manage up or down the organization
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.