About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As a Principal Product Manager leading our Data Hub team, you will collaborate with a smart, friendly cross-functional team to help make it effortless for our customers to integrate Amplitude with their technology stack and allow them to send and receive data from any system. You will drive the strategy and development of new products and processes for scaling our integrations. This is a strategically important position of responsibility with potential for growth at an already fast-growing company.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will:
- Own our connectors end-to-end: creating the vision, setting strategic direction, and successfully delivering key product outcomes
- Identify and prioritize partner technology integrations to enable thousands of customers to send terabytes of data (e.g. integration partners: customer data platforms, data warehouses, etc)
- Solve complex problems – particularly in ingestion, federation and transformation of data – with an eye towards innovation
- Orchestrate the delivery of amazing workflows and improvements for self-serve options by partnering cross-functionally with engineering, design, marketing, alliances, sales, customer success
- Participate in research and testing (we spend lots of time talking directly to our customers!) to understand customer pain and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with our partnerships and executive team to enable technology partners and build an innovative product strategy and roadmap
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Have a successful track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver great product experiences
- You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, trade offs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Define success as customer impact, not the successful delivery of a feature and have a track record of moving the needle on key business and customer outcomes
- You have a proven ability to make smart features versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- You can tell compelling stories that inspire action and motivate audiences
- Have an inquisitive, growth mindset that is eager to gather new information and develop new understandings of the world
- Worked with external stakeholders and partners to launch products and features in conjunction with other companies
- Creative problem solving at the intersection of a fast-growing business and cutting-edge technology
- You’ve built great products from the ground up and are excited about taking new ideas from 0 to 1
- While not required by any means, a technical education (CS, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience is valuable
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.