About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
We’re looking for a full stack, product-minded engineer to be a key member of Amplitude’s Growth Pillar. As a software engineer on the growth team, you’ll work on projects that drive acquisition, monetization, and customer retention across our entire product suite: Analytics, Experiment, Recommend and more. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Amplitude’s business metrics and trajectory while also improving the user experience.
What does this team do:
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth. We help new/returning/dormant users discover, activate on their core use cases and build a habit. Deepen their engagement through discovery of relevant features and expand what they can do with Amplitude over time.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to improve free to paid conversion. We own the user lifecycle and drive multi-product acquisition, activation, and retention.
As a Product Engineer on Growth you will:
- Work across our entire stack using Typescript, React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Node, Python, Postgres, and MySQL.
- Participate in every step of projects, from ideation and implementation, through to launch
- Implement user-facing A/B tests and experiments in each of our products
- Identify opportunities to improve Amplitude based on research, data, creativity, and user feedback
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to iterate on our products
- Implement analytics tracking to enable and guide our data-driven approach
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have one or more years of experience working in a frontend or fullstack engineering role.
- Have a bias for action; you’d rather implement, learn from results, and iterate quickly than spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting things before launching to end users.
- Enjoy working closely with Design and Product Management to influence UX and challenge objectives.
- Enjoy impact-driven work to drive business outcomes and influence key metrics
- Bonus points if:
- Have some knowledge of AB testing & experimentation.
- Have some experience being data-driven; not only making changes, but analyzing and understanding the impact of those changes too.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.