About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
We are looking for a Director of GTM FP&A to lead our FP&A business partnership with our Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and their leadership teams. It is a critical and highly visible role within FP&A where you will be responsible for helping shape the strategy and execution of our GTM teams. You will be the key bridge between the GTM business and the broader finance team by helping intermediate multiple perspectives to align the business and empower healthy growth and scale. You will be a good fit if you have experience influencing a GTM organization within SaaS and are a skilled communicator with a history of building relationships and trust with senior leadership. The position will report to the Vice President of Finance.
As the Director of GTM FP&A, you will:
- Be the strategic financial partner to the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Marketing Officer to help shape the strategy and execution of our sales, marketing and customer success organizations.
- Collaborate with leaders in our GTM organizations and provide counsel on strategic financial matters that focus on balancing growth imperatives with expense controls to efficiently scale the company.
- Drive annual operating plans (incl. sales & customer success capacity, incentive compensation planning, and pipeline coverage), quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of performance and investment to highlight trends, opportunities, and causes of unexpected variances.
- Prepare management reporting for leadership to analyze results and present forecasts, author clear narratives that describe business strategy and performance, assess business risk and operating health and align cross functional teams to effective solutions.
- Own the system (Captivate IQ), administration, and reporting for incentive compensation in collaboration with the revenue operations and accounting teams.
- Work closely with sales and marketing on the assumptions driving our demand generation and overall sales pipeline
- Recruit, develop, and manage a team of analysts.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other relevant field.
- 8+ years of finance or related experience and at least 5+ years of direct GTM finance experience within SaaS.
- Track record of helping shape a GTM organization and proven ability to partner with senior leadership.
- Strong financial acumen (e.g., a good understanding of financial statements, accounting, FP&A processes, ASC 606 & 340, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format and adept at calibrating the message based on your audience.
- Advanced Office and Google application skills (Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slides) and proficiency with using different systems to retrieve and analyze data.
To stand out:
- Enterprise SaaS experience.
- Public company GTM FP&A experience.
- Experience with Anaplan and compensation tools (Xactly, Captivate IQ, etc.).
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.