About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Join us and help build our next phase of growth! We are looking for a Senior Strategic HR Business Partner who can help us in driving meaningful programs and initiatives across multiple countries. In this role, you will partner with our Engineering, Product, and Design leaders to scale their teams and ensure global alignment across the company.
As an HRBP Director, you will:
- Scale our fabulous teams, and build leadership and management capabilities through effective talent strategies
- Focus on crafting successful Product and Engineering teams in a global footprint
- Develop and execute people and talent strategies to complement or improve our existing onboarding, performance management, employee relations, learning, and total rewards programs
- Amplify our outstanding, high-performance culture and elevate our talent brand
- Partner with leaders to understand business needs and provide direction that drives key decisions
- Empower senior and middle managers to take accountability for the challenges within their organizations
- Advise and collaborate with client groups on organizational design, team efficiency, and integration
- Provide policy interpretation, counseling, and training for employees and managers on programs, policies, and procedures; ensure fairness and legal compliance
- Perpetuate a person-centered culture through a passion to build high employee engagement
- Navigate scaling through acquisitions
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Dynamic, multidisciplinary HR experience scaling organizations from hundreds to thousands of employees
- Experience partnering with senior leadership
- Experience working at both private and public organizations - with experience in a scaling business, and having worked to help facilitate this growth
- Experience with technical engineering organizations as business partners
- Understanding of people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- The desire to push the status quo and find efficiencies to create impactful strategies
- Have a bias towards partnership and the ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness and health insurance stipend, expensible lunches when in office, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, an annual home office productivity stipend and RSUs grants for all new hires.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.