About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
As a Community Manager, you will own and drive the strategy of the Amplitude Community by partnering with the Support, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product teams at Amplitude. This resource is crucial in driving key initiatives within our self-service, scale, customer advocacy, acquisition, and adoption programs. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about relationship building, is an advocate for our users and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
As a Community Manager, you will:
- Use data to understand the community’s impact on customer acquisition and product adoption
- Member engagement - monitor community channels; listen and respond to members; increase community membership; establish relationships with active community members and assist them
- Content creation and distribution - plan, source and distribute content that promotes Amplitude and grows the community
- User Groups - coordinate in-person community events
- Establish and track important community metrics
- Optimize for the best community experience
- Develop and implement internal and external community advocate programs to empower and incentivize top community contributors
- Be the voice of the community in internal communications, sharing trends and feedback
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a customer/user community of an established B2B SaaS platform.
- Passionate about growing customer communities and engaging customers within them.
- Understanding of the B2B SaaS marketplace, and the confirmed routes to market utilized to reach business customers.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and other practices that help to drive traffic to the public-facing pages of a community.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, driving rapid work delivery, and having a hands-on approach.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.