About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
As a product design architect, you're responsible for crafting user experience strategies across our products. This is a strategic, cross functional role where you will work closely with design, product, engineering, customer success, go-to-market, and other teams' leadership to drive business and product strategy by defining our user experience strategy. In your role, you will also be a member of the design leadership team.
As a Product Design Architect, you will:
- Be a strategic leader who helps shape user experience strategy for our products.
- Build solutions from pieces and deliver a user experience strategy that can be translated into a product roadmap.
- Understand technical, complex use cases and propose elegant concepts and design solutions
- Be able to dig deep and understand customer, industry, and market trends to deliver solutions that help us remain competitive and ahead of the curve.
- Act as a leader and coach within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Led user experience strategy for large enterprise-level applications, or applications of similar complexity, before.
- Have experience partnering with Product and Research to envision long term product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Are excited about working across a wide range of problem areas and connecting the dots to define and deliver cohesive user experience strategies.
- Want to be part of creating amazing and innovative experiences that help solve real pain points for our customers while driving concrete metrics and business outcomes and know how to find the right balance.
- Have necessary skills and technical knowledge to understand a deeply technical product portfolio and to drive the right conversations with leadership, engineers, product managers, and customers.
- Have a track record in using design thinking to drive cross functional alignment and storytelling.
- Are excited to work in a positive, supportive environment and want to collaborate as part of a high-caliber, cross-functional team that helps you grow.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.