About The Role & Team
As Product Managers at Amplitude, we care deeply about understanding our customers and the problems they have in scaling their digital businesses. We work with them directly to understand their needs and integrate them into the development process of new features. We inspire our product development team by building deep empathy for our customers’ experiences and painting a picture of how the future we want to deliver will be different and better. Ultimately, we work to empower our teams to develop exceptional product experiences for our customers. We have ambitious goals for 2021, and as the product development team continues to grow, we are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help us bring new and exciting industry-first product experiences to market.
As a member of the Product Management team, you’ll have the ability to work with thousands of product teams around the world. By working with design, engineering, and more, you’ll learn valuable skills in team building, leadership, and driving consensus across an organization. You’ll learn to translate customer feedback and discovery into tactics for your team by co-developing new features with our customers, all while getting valuable experience in the tactics of end-to-end feature development and release.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and go-to-market to set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the next generation of our analytics products
- Own customer problems end-to-end, from strategy to execution by working directly with our core analytics product team
- Work cross-functionally with design, machine learning, engineering, customer success, product marketing and more to bring new features to market
- Engage directly with customers and prospects to understand core problems and translate customer needs into crisp product requirements that empower designers and engineers
- Inspire and excite the organization by helping to build deep empathy for the customer experience
- Measure the impact of features shipped, solicit customer feedback, and iterate with design and engineering on new learnings
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- 6+ years of product management or technical experience building SaaS products
- Have a successful track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver great product experiences
- You’ve built great products from the ground up and are excited about taking new ideas from 0 to 1
- You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Define success as customer impact, not the successful delivery of a feature and have a track record of moving the needle on key business and customer outcomes
- You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- You can tell compelling stories that inspire action and motivate audiences
- Have an inquisitive, growth mindset that is eager to gather new information and develop new understandings of the world
- While not required by any means, a technical education (CS, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience is valuable
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.