About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s Revenue Strategy and Operations team is helping to plan for, manage, and support a rapidly growing field organization. We are building a high-performing and highly cross functional team to support and enable our success in the Field. We are a data driven team that partners with regional and functional field leaders to design our policies, processes, and investment strategies as we build and evolve for scale. You’ll build the strategy and process for how Amplitude retains and grows existing customers within different markets. You’ll lead strategic initiatives that increase customer success productivity and professional services effectiveness. Handling everything from thought partnership, retention and expansion strategy, territory structuring, compensation design, to forecasting. You will be the go-to thought advisor for the VP of Customer Success and the CS leadership team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
As the Head of Customer Success Strategy Senior Manager, you will:
- Lead the Customer Success Strategy team to provide strategic and operational support to the extended regional Customer Success Leadership team
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes organizational design, headcount / target allocation and prioritization, territory design, and account strategy
- Partner with the GTM Leadership team across Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Sales Development to develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Lead strategic initiatives to grow and scale each of the Customer Success org sub functions (customer success management, professional services, and support) and evolve the underlying operational processes and systems for scale
- Help oversee, prepare, and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes crafting the agenda, building narratives, creating talk tracks, and analyzing key. performance indicators needed for attendees to present an assessment of their business.
- Implement early warning systems to help actively manage the growth of the business (i.e. customer churn, expansion opportunities, product deficiencies, pricing, etc.)
- Organize and lead deployment of Customer Success objectives and initiatives to ensure cross-functional support and strategic alignment
- Lead discussions around weekly and monthly KPIs including leading and lagging indicators for renewal rates and net dollar retention rates
- Conduct data-driven analysis to understand growth drivers and provide recommendations to the broader organization about future opportunities
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience with innovative, high performing, and fast paced revenue organizations at a high-growth enterprise B2B SaaS company
- Strong executive presence and an ability to communicate effectively with your peers, senior field leadership, and executive team
- A track record of lifting up the people around you
- Thinking about the bigger picture of how the customer success team can fuel future growth and operate efficiently and effectively
- Worked closely with Customer Success leaders and collaborated with cross-functional teams
- Have a strong point of view on how to leverage technology and process to scale the business
At minimum, you should have:
- 8+ years of experience in a strategy ande operations role supporting a sales or customer success organization
- Ability to partner with executives and manage multiple stakeholders cross functionally
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (e.g. should know commonly-used functions such as INDEX(MATCH), VLOOKUP, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce.com is required; familiarity with Customer Success software is highly desirable
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through; can own and take tasks through to completion
- BA or BS from an accredited university preferred
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.