About The Role & Team
As a Senior Product Engineer you will:
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- Develop new features to help customers manage their data analytics taxonomy, using a frontend stack that includes Node, React, Redux, Typescript, and CSS.
- Tackle engineering problems dealing with large datasets (trillions of events!), diverse schemas, and increasing needs for data permissioning and security.
- Work with our core frontend systems team to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Integrate with backend services and and build out endpoints with Python, Node and GraphQL against Postgres databases.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to tackle the most important customer needs, craft creative user experiences, and deliver on ambitious timelines.
- Join user research calls to collect feedback throughout the product development cycle.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices.
- Participate in design and code reviews across different teams.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have several years of experience working in a frontend engineering role.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems.
- Enjoy working in a technical leadership role on an engineering team.
- Enjoy building UIs with modern tools like Babel and ES6, React and Redux, Webpack and Typescript.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Pride yourself in your excellent attention to detail and your design and UX sensibilities.
- Value cross-functional collaboration and clear communication.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as our innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the DataMonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.