About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Business Operations works across all teams at Amplitude to drive growth and improve operations. We manage high impact and cross-functional projects, drive process improvements, deliver objective analysis and insights. We also act as a special projects team that takes on initiatives that will enable Amplitude to grow faster and scale more effectively.
We are looking for an analytical, process-oriented and data-driven individual to join as a founding member of the team. This is a great opportunity to help build a critical team at a fast-growing organization and grow into a management role over time. You will be a good fit if you enjoy digging deep into data, excel in problem-solving and have demonstrated success in managing complex projects. This role will report directly to the VP of Business Operations.
As a Senior Business Operations & Strategy Associate, you will:
- Drive highly visible strategic projects and process optimization, work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Identify areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Program manage cross-functional projects and ensure highest level of execution
- Design scalable systems and organizational structures support Amplitude’s rapid growth
- Build cross-functional relationships that enable you to build strong business cases for future investments and areas of focus for operational improvement
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 4+ years experience with a mix of strategy, business operations in a technology company or top-tier consulting firm/investment bank with strong exposure to technology/software
- Understanding in B2B SaaS business models and sales organization
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills to solve complex business problems
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Measured, clear, and concise communication & presentation skills
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Technically proficient: Salesforce, Tableau, Excel, Powerpoint, SQL a plus
- Excited about Amplitude’s product and mission
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.