Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
In this role you will be working on the leading edge of our open source data collection libraries and will gain invaluable experience with library design and development, as well as interacting with a community of engaged developers who use your work on a daily basis. These SDKs are used by thousands of customers to send tens of billions of events to Amplitude each month. Our SDKs cover both native and cross platform development, so you will have the opportunity to work closely with iOS, Android, Unity, React Native, Flutter, as well as potentially other languages as we expand our SDK coverage to additional platforms.
As a Software Engineer II, Full Stack you will:
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- Work closely with customers, our Success team, and our Solutions team to deliver new SDK features and support existing ones.
- Develop with a variety of technologies, including Objective-C, Swift, Java, C# and Dart.
- Manage end-to-end build/test/release processes for our SDKs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Write user friendly customer facing documentation.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- 1+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role.
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a highly driven and supportive small team.
- Eager to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems.
- Enjoy building mobile libraries, tools or applications.
- Familiar with mobile build and release process.
- Comfortable with switching between different languages and platforms.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in mobile development.
- Also interested in building tools or applications for web or backend.
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.