Our infrastructure consists of over 2,000 servers on AWS and is continuing to grow. As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be responsible for keeping our infrastructure secure. You will work on our deployment, automation, and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available, efficient and secure. Your work will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Docker, Threatstack, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Work closely with our internal InfoSec team and be the primary engineering contact related to all things security.
- Own and manage our security vulnerability monitoring and intrusion detection systems. Ensure we are proactively fixing issues raised. Manage the interactions with the company’s outsourced SOC, and the WAF.
- Develop internal tooling for automatic deployment of security patches to our production infrastructure.
- Build out, test and maintain disaster recovery solutions and tabletop exercises.
- Architect and implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts. Knowledge of SOC2 and ISO27001 and PCI a plus.
- Work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing of our platform and network. Coordinate any necessary fixes with the engineering team. Support the outsourced bug bounty program.
- Work closely with the applications and infrastructure engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new systems. Ensure that security solutions are architectured with developer velocity and efficiency in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process.
- Develop tools to automate the ongoing security auditing of IAM permissioning and other AWS configurations
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the engineering team.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- 3+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security role handling cloud infrastructure
- Experience securing AWS deployments.
- Experience turning feedback from security analysis tools (Threatstack, Amazon Inspector, etc) into infrastructure improvements
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (100+ machines)
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Our extraordinary founders were accepted into Y Combinator back in 2012– since then, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our Leadership Team is 43% women–well above the Silicon Valley average
- Our fearless mascot is the datamonster, our fearless leader is CEO & co-founder Spenser Skates
- In December 2018, we raised $80 million in Series D venture funding led by Sequoia Capital at a valuation of $850 million
- We’re backed by incredible partners: Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator
- Over 30,000 teams and 20 of the Fortune 100 use Amplitude to improve conversion and retention
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.