About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
The Customer Success team is responsible for driving adoption and long-term value realization for Amplitude’s customers through structured programs as well as ad-hoc engagement to provide product expertise and best practices. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to advocate for our customers and ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you are responsible for making sure that our strategic customers are successful in achieving their product goals. As a dedicated resource on a portfolio of Enterprise accounts, you will lead the process for understanding the most meaningful business challenges of the product executives you partner with. You will have the opportunity to work with both innovative digital-first brands and more traditional companies looking to embrace a data-driven future and have a significant impact on Amplitude’s Customer Success strategy.
To learn more about our team, check out our blog post on Customer Success at Amplitude!
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you will:
- Enable the product analytics ecosystem that allows our customers to achieve their target product outcomes.
- Partner with Account Executives to build growth strategies for your accounts and work with them through renewal and upsell conversations.
- Work closely with the product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to bring the customer voice into their key conversations.
- Become a product analytics leader and guide your customers on how to derive valuable insights from our highly technical product.
- Be responsible for the onboarding process, conduct hands-on training on the platform, answer ad hoc business/strategy questions, and share methodologies and insights from your wealth of knowledge.
- Build strategic frameworks for the different user personas (analysts, PMs, managers, C-level execs, etc) who can get value from the data in the system.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Prior experience in a customer success/account management role with a track record working with large enterprise customers.
- Proven ability to navigate sophisticated Enterprise organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration, and promote opportunities for growth.
- Experience prioritizing multiple business units of the same customer.
- Shown ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept.
- A customer-focused mentality and passion for customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business.
- The desire to become a Data Monster; someone who persistently looks at data to uncover business insights and drive decision-making.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.