About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
The Machine Learning team is enabling other teams to incorporate machine learning into their systems and features to analyze and understand user behaviours. Challenges we usually face are dealing with supervised learning, data clustering, recommendation systems, process mining, and behavioural analysis. Creating a cost efficient system with low response time on tens of petabytes of data is another dimension to our system design.
In this role, as a machine learning expert on how to bring ML algorithms to production, you will be designing end to end data processing and ML systems that enable other teams in Amplitude to achieve their goals, from the initial prototype all the way until the feature is released to production.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Work with product managers and other teams to understand their machine learning needs
- Study and design data science prototypes
- Research, design, build, and train machine learning components
- Research, design, and build data processing systems required to feed data into the ML components
- Support the system throughout productionization: includes testing, training, and tuning
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 4 years of industry experience in a related field
- Extensive data modeling and data architecture skills
- Programming experience in Python or Java
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and off-the-shelf tools
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following: recommendation systems, clustering algorithms, supervised learning, causal inference.
- Expertise in designing data ingestion pipelines suitable to feed ML tools
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics or a related discipline
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.