About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
The Business Systems team leverages data, technology, and process to solve business challenges and support the explosive growth of Amplitude. We partner with leaders from the Accounting, Finance, People, Legal, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Partnerships teams to develop a cohesive strategy and execute on a global scale. The Business Systems team is the foundational component of Business Operations that provides the data, automation, and tooling required for scale.
As we scale and grow our business, we are looking for a Business Systems Analyst who is excited to partner with our Finance, Accounting, and People teams to lead strategic systems initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to identify gaps, build a roadmap, and provide technical expertise in scaling systems and processes. You will play a crucial role to define, architect, and build features and integrations. You will also be partnering with other Business Systems team members who are subject matter experts in other business processes and applications.
Over time, a successful candidate will own one or more pieces of our Business Systems infrastructure and may be required to lead or direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected! Amplitude is growing at an extraordinary pace and there is a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in this position.
This position is an individual contributor and reports to the Head of Business Systems.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will:
- Partner with internal teams to design Amplitude’s overall system architecture strategy and provide technical expertise to deliver world-class business systems solutions.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and deliver solutions that meet their needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Support end-to-end feature and/or system implementations and integrations, including discovery/requirements gathering, vendor selection, solution design, build/configuration, QA/UAT, deployment, training/communication, and documentation
- Configure user security profiles, manage access requests, and perform periodic audits to improve application security and adherence to security and compliance standards (eg. GDPR, SOX)
- Manage relationships with SaaS vendors or third-party contractors for system implementations and support.
You’ll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have a BS or MS in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science or other applicable majors - or relevant experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience implementing, administering, and integrating SaaS business applications (preferably NetSuite, Workday, or Salesforce).
- You have 2+ years of experience in a related field with ability to lead multiple concurrent projects from requirements gathering to go-live and demonstrated results in delivering complex solutions.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical end-users.
- You have a proactive attitude, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving ability.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.