Solutions Architect Job Description
Our Amplitude team in our Paris office is growing, and we’re looking for our first Solutions Architect to support the business. In the Solutions Architect role, you’ll be a trusted technical advisor to our customers like Le Monde, Canal+, Molotov TV, and Algolia. As an early employee in Paris, this role has a huge opportunity for impact. One key impact area will be as a technical representative for the entire office, thus allowing you to engage with different business functions and improve your technical knowledge. Your initiatives and ideas will help scale and evolve the team, and you will help guide new team members into becoming a product analytics expert. You’ll be part of a larger team in Europe based in Amsterdam and London.
As a Solutions Architect, you will
- Play a critical role in our customers’ success with product analytics by focusing on data architecture, implementation, and data governance.
- Be a product analytics expert to companies in different verticals, providing them with feedback on strategies to impact their ability to understand their product’s success and flaws.
- Consult the customer on the user behavior and data they should track in Amplitude, helping set up the foundation of their product analytics and Amplitude experience.
- Be a technical consultant to our customers’ product analytics team to help ensure that the data they collect allows them to answer all of their business questions and can drive effective product decisions.
- In order to provide the best implementation solutions, you will develop fluency in Amplitude’s architecture, SDKs, and APIs, and you will build strong familiarity and relationships with our technical partners like mParticle and Segment.
- Provide post implementation support to key accounts, working closely with the Success Manager to maintain a positive relationship.
- Be an internal voice for our customers by engaging with our Product Development team to advocate for our customers and providing product feedback to enhance the Amplitude product experience.
- Be a part of a broader Customer Success team responsible for driving adoption, maximizing customer retention, and reducing customer churn.
At Amplitude, you can expect to learn and grow quickly:
- After your first month, you’ll have learned the Amplitude platform and can demo its features effectively, learned how to instrument Amplitude through its APIs, and started consulting customers on what data to collect and how to instrument Amplitude to collect that data.
- After your second month, you’ll have consulted new accounts on what data to collect and how to appropriately instrument Amplitude to collect that data. You’ll have managed the instrumentation stage of those accounts and ensured that production data gets into Amplitude timely. Your customers and the Customer Success team can depend on you to answer basic instrumentation inquiries.
- After your third month, you’ll be an Amplitude and product analytics expert. You’ll know Amplitude’s instrumentation best practices naturally and will have explored ways of importing customer data from a different source to Amplitude’s system. You’ll be able to speak to instrumentation pains experienced by customers and effectively consult our Product Development team on how we can improve our technical instrumentation process.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise customers
- Familiarity with programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to empathize with customer pain
- Demonstrated ability to learn and explain a technical concept
- Drive to initiate changes internally to improve team productivity
- Enjoys learning new products and applications
- Fluent in French in a must, Spanish is nice to have
- Knowledge of the product analytics industry
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious catered lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Our extraordinary founders were accepted into Y Combinator back in 2012– since then, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, & Paris
- Our Leadership Team is 43% women– well above the Silicon Valley average
- Our fearless mascot is the datamonster, our fearless leader is CEO & co-founder Spenser Skates
- In December 2018, we raised $80 million in Series D venture funding led by Sequoia Capital at a valuation of $850 million
- We’re backed by incredible partners: Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator
- Over 30,000 teams and 20 of the Fortune 100 use Amplitude to improve conversion and retention
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.