- Drive consistent and scalable growth through product, engineering and data leverage
- Build the infrastructure that enables us to understand our customers journey end to end. It’s hard to optimize that which you do not understand.
- Build features with quantifiably high impact through prototyping and experimentation
- Ship features and services, that directly and scalably drive growth
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems that power Amplitude’s growth
- Build tools that help our non-engineering teams (e.g. marketing, go-to-market) teams scale
- Work with Python, Node, Postgres, and GraphQL to build scalable, efficient experiments across the customer journey
- Integrate with other backend query-processing services and infrastructure
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 5-8+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering, or application services role
- 2+ years of experience on Growth team is a huge plus
- Significant experience building web services and APIs, and working with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL
- Prior experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth mindset, humility, and the burning desire to own your domain and your work
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics.
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.