Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform. More than 1,800 customers, including Atlassian, Chick-fil-A, Marks & Spencer, NBCUniversal, PayPal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. With Amplitude, teams can understand what product features are working, where users are getting stuck, and what actions lead to the right outcomes. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Engineer who will own engineering projects that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention as a key member of Amplitude’s Growth team. You’ll be part of the engineering team and work across teams with people from product, marketing, customer success, and design. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Amplitude’s business metrics and trajectory while also improving the user experience. If you have a mix of frontend and backend development, strong systems and product thinking, owned projects end to end in the past, and want to use your technical skills to drive business growth, this role could be a great fit.
What does this team do:
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth. We help new/returning/dormant users discover, activate on their core use cases and build a habit. Deepen their engagement through discovery of relevant features and expand what they can do with Amplitude over time.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to improve free to paid conversion. We own the user lifecycle and drive multi-product acquisition, activation, and retention.
As a Senior Product Engineer on Growth, you will:
- Work across our entire stack using Typescript, React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Node, Python, Postgres, and MySQL.
- Lead projects, from ideation and implementation, through to launch
- Design and implement features and improvements in all of Amplitude’s products (Analytics, Experiment, Recommend) to increase retention and engagement (ex. New user experience, onboarding, invite flows, feature adoption)
- Design and implement user-facing A/B tests and experiments in each of our products
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with product and design teams to iterate on our products
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices.
- Design analytics taxonomy & implement analytics tracking to enable and guide our data-driven approach
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in a frontend or fullstack engineering role.
- Have a bias for action; you’d rather implement, learn from results, and iterate quickly than spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting things before launching to end users.
- Growth mindset: are motivated by moving metrics and driving concrete business outcomes while solving customer pain points
- Can question your own assumptions and come up with experiments to validate them
- Can rapidly prototype solutions as well as take a concept to production
- Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience on a growth team, or know product-led growth fundamentals
- Have thorough knowledge of AB testing & experimentation.
- Have experience with Personalization or Recommendation systems
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.