About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
The Customer Success team is responsible for building relationships with and driving long-term value realization for Amplitude’s customers. Our Corporate team works with SMB and Commercial accounts across North America. This role will work with our Named Corporate accounts which are strategic customers within our business. We drive adoption through structured programs as well as ad-hoc engagement to provide product expertise and standard methodologies. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales etc.) to advocate for our customers and ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you wear many hats. You get equally excited by partnering with sales on account strategies as you do by helping a customer on their success journey. You apply a growth mindset to learning new technical and job skills. You bring strong organization, problem-solving, and communication skills along with a passion for working with customers.
To learn more about our team, check out our blog post on Customer Success at Amplitude!
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you will:
- Partner with Account Executives to build growth strategies for your accounts and work with them through renewal and upsell conversations.
- Work closely with the product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to bring the customer voice into their key conversations.
- Own the onboarding process, conduct hands-on training on the platform, answer ad hoc business/strategy questions, and share methodologies and insights
- Plan and execute success plans and business reviews with client executives
- Regularly monitor account health and adoption to find opportunities to help customers acquire maximum value from Amplitude
- Project manage the customer journey using internal and external resources as needed
- Teach your customers how to derive valuable insights from our highly technical product
- Gain a deep understanding of the business needs of your clients
- Effectively prioritize in order to deliver on key business objectives
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience in a customer success/technical account management management role
- Proven ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Problem-solving mentality and positive attitude towards the change that comes with working at a rapidly growing company
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.