At Amplitude, we provide user-behavior-based product intelligence that helps our customers
build better products. We are already the top choice for thousands of customers around the world such as Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products. Due to the ability of our service to quickly answer very complicated questions, our customers are discovering many new insights that previously would not have been considered.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead our Product Engineering organization that consists of a number of full stack engineering teams working on our front end analytics and data management platforms, as well as our API layer and core frontend infrastructure. In this role, you will be expected to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the team that will evolve over time. You will report directly to the Senior VP of Engineering and work closely with different orgs in the company such as Infrastructure Engineering, Design, Product Management and Go to Market. You will work with other leaders at Amplitude to define strategy, architecture, and execution roadmap for the team.
You will be a great addition to the team if you have
- Experience and passion for solving difficult technical problems and leading full stack engineering teams.
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing organization, and enjoy leading an evolving team
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent.
- Deep understanding of development processes and methodologies.
- Experience in leading the development and operation of highly scalable Saas products.
- Belief that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge the team to grow and excel.
- Demonstrated experience in working with several organizations and aligning goals, strategy and objectives.
- Successful track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives.
- Passion for Amplitude and how product intelligence is an integral part of digital revolution of our era.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in technology organizations.
- BS Computer Science or similar fields
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.