Amplitude is the #1 product intelligence platform used by such diverse brands as Atlassian, Capital One, Adidas, HubSpot, Twitter, Microsoft, Peloton, Burger King and many more. As such, we have a big opportunity for a strategic storyteller who can develop and manage our global content presence serving a wide range of audiences.
At Amplitude, we believe that an empowered Content Team can transform and make a brand thrive. It’s why we’ve invested in our blog, our widely-read playbooks, our well-attended webinars, and our multifaceted content across mediums and channels. It’s also why we’re excited to find a Senior Content Marketing Manager who can lead the team and turn a vision of great content into the pieces our audiences read, see, and watch.
As the Senior Content Marketing Manager, you will
- lead a group of copywriters and content agencies including for SEO and be responsible for hiring additional support.
- project manage, produce and edit a wide range of content, track its performance, and share metrics with internal stakeholders.
- build an editorial calendar for our thought leadership pieces including blog posts, webinars, ebooks, infographics, and more.
- manage requests and be responsible for the production of Sales, Field, and Growth Marketing white papers, one-pagers, product copy, and more.
- build and evolve our content marketing strategy based on well-researched observations, trends, and changing business needs.
- own Amplitude’s brand voice and reinforce it across our collateral, marketing website, and owned channels.
You'll be a great addition to the team if
- you have 4+ years of experience as a content marketer in a B2B SaaS environment.
- you are an excellent writer, editor, and storyteller as well as a data-driven content marketer.
- you have experience leading content teams and/or agencies that successfully grew a brand.
- you are familiar with SEO best practices for content marketing (but you need not be an expert!).
- you can attach metrics to content and improve your work and your team’s based on data-driven analysis.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform—we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.