At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
If you are someone who is passionate about frontend engineering (i.e., product engineering), have a high sense of ownership, and love to have impact by managing a small team while continuing to make individual impact, we would love to talk to you. The team you will manage is a growing team of world class engineers focused on Amplitude’s core data management product. Your team is an essential part of Amplitude’s core product experience, as an analytics platform is only effective with high quality data. This team builds features that help end users get the right data into Amplitude and maintain data quality over time. The team is small and fast moving, and you will be expected to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the team that will evolve over time. You’ll lead the team in finding solutions to difficult and complex problems in taxonomy management. You will also become intimately familiar with the evolving landscape of frontend development. The platform you’ll build is what end users of Amplitude see and use every day for managing their data.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead and support the data management product engineering team, helping to take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to build a cohesive strategy for our data management platform.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on technical implementation, engineering best practices, and career development.
- Work with other leaders in product engineering to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Know when to lead from the front, and when to step back and let others take the reins.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Believe that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge your team grow and excel.
- Believe it’s important for engineering managers to stay close to technical problems and continue to contribute independently, as time allows.
- Have worked in an engineering management or technical leadership role before. Experience mentoring and coaching engineers at all levels.
- Come from a strong technical background and have delivered high quality work in a senior engineering position.
- Are able to seek out world class engineers, and successfully recruit them to join your cause.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems together.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact the broader engineering team.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Operate well in the unknown, and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for an evolving team.
- Believe that strong alignment around vision leads to a better product and better outcomes.
- Enjoy working with a world class engineering team, and being given the opportunity to learn and grow.