About The Role & Team
At Amplitude, we're building a product intelligence platform that empowers users to build better products using data. Combining our expertise in real-time analytics and the advent of automated, intelligent workflows, Amplitude enables users to quickly discover what’s driving their key metrics, so they can decide the most impactful features to ship next. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and DoorDash.
Amplitude’s infrastructure teams are responsible for both data ingestion and our proprietary query engine. We are ingesting data at a maximum rate of 1.8M API calls per second and executing queries on over 5PB of data. Specifically, your team will be responsible for building additional infrastructure and logic, such as workflow engine, anomaly detection and machine learning components on top of our query engine. This unique growing team will be responsible for building nearly all advanced analytic features in our platform. Because of the special position of the team, you will be working with product managers, user interface, design and customer support teams on a daily basis.
If you are someone who is passionate about backend engineering, building highly scalable services, have a high sense of ownership, and love to have impact by managing a growing impactful team, we would love to talk to you.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead and support the analytics infrastructure engineering team, helping to take the ideas from initial phases to implementation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, user interface, design, and support teams to build a cohesive strategy for Amplitude’s analytics needs.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on technical implementation, engineering best practices, and career development.
- Work with other leaders in product engineering to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Know when to lead from the front, and when to step back and let others take the reins.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Believe that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge your team's growth and excel.
- Believe it’s important for engineering managers to stay close to technical problems and continue to contribute independently, as time allows.
- Have worked in an engineering management or technical leadership role before. Experience mentoring and coaching engineers at all levels.
- Come from a strong technical background and have delivered high quality work in a senior engineering position.
- Are able to seek out world class engineers, and successfully recruit them to join your cause.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems together.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact the broader engineering team.
- Operate well in the unknown, and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for an evolving team.
- Believe that strong alignment around vision leads to a better product and better outcomes.
- Enjoy working with a world class engineering team, and being given the opportunity to learn and grow.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series E, led by GIC, and crossed into the Unicorn valuation
- 25+ of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.