Amplitude is looking for someone who wants to tackle the challenge of educating our customers and partners at scale. The primary focus areas for this role are building out the Amplitude Academy from the ground up and up-leveling our Help Center documentation and videos. We’re looking to build a world where any person can come to our education portal and learn not only how our product works or how to integrate it into their workflows, but also learn about the newest thought leadership and best practices to ultimately help them build a better product. If we are successful with these initiatives, we will see a rise in our primary adoption metric - Weekly Learning Users - as well as other key metrics such as querying users, support ticket deflection, renewal rates, expansion opportunities, and brand awareness. Academy and Help Center are just the building blocks -- in the future we’d love to explore extending the reach of Customer Education to initiatives like running an Amplitude Community and Training & Education Services.
As the leader of this function you will be part of the Customer Success Leadership Team and will have a voice in how we operate and evolve to meet the needs of our growing business and customers. You’ll have the opportunity to share your opinions, your experience, and your ideas to help build the customer success organization. Within Education, you’ll be responsible for building and managing a team to help drive towards the mission of helping customers learn. We want Amplitude to be a great place to work and your role as a leader, coach, and mentor will be imperative to making this happen. If you’re looking for an opportunity to have a high level of ownership, build something from the ground up, and be a leader at this company, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Build Amplitude’s online learning Academy from the ground up and be responsible for its design, delivery, rollout, and continuous content management and improvement
- Manage Amplitude’s online Help Center and own its ongoing design and content
- Solicit feedback from Amplitude customers and partners to continuously improve the Academy and Help Center
- Manage a Technical Writer
- Create the mission statement, vision, and operating principles for the Education function
- Own the operational elements of the Education function, including future headcount planning, hiring the team, training new reports, and experimentation of new initiatives
- Work with cross-functional leaders to ensure the buy-in and collaboration of all initiatives
- Be a member of the Customer Success Leadership Team and contribute ideas and opinions to improve the entire Customer Success Function
- Substantial knowledge of how to build and manage an online education portal, ideally of a complex SaaS product
- Sincere belief that people can learn from an education portal
- Ability to project manage a large initiative and work with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment with lofty goals and limited resources
- A strong people manager who people want to work for