Our team in Asia is growing and we’re looking for our first Solutions Engineer. You’ll be responsible for the technical success of our customers, and as the first person on the team, you’ll have the autonomy to help build out the team.
We’re looking for highly technical, curious, and hard working individuals to solve some of our customers hardest problems. You will be a product analytics expert in all business verticals, and the feedback you provide our customers will impact their ability to understand their product’s success and flaws. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about combining their engineering expertise with their customer facing skills.
You’ll be an integral part of the Success team, where we have a customer first focus. You’ll combine team’s passion for customers, with your technical capabilities to help provide guidance on technical strategy for our customers businesses. You’ll also work closely with our internal Growth Engineering and Product teams to build the best in class data integration platform. You’ll be designing systems using a variety of big data technologies to move around terabytes of data. As a strategic player on the team, you’ll be the technical face of our Asian operations and critical to the regions success.
- Own the development of custom presentations, demonstrations and prototypes of Amplitude to articulate use-cases and value to prospective enterprise customers across many verticals
- Proactively and accurately identify prospect pain and propose creative solutions
- Partner with the Account Executive team to move deals to close
- Drive trial periods with prospects to ensure they are effectively learning and engaging with the platform
- Educate a variety of audiences on both technical and functional product analytics concepts
- Stay up-to-date on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and other sales team members
- Document and communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with all your customers to maximize customer retention and reduce churn
- Partner with Account Executives to build growth strategies for your accounts to work them through renewal and upsell conversations
- Drive onboarding process, conducting hands-on training on the platform, and drive production adoption
- At least 5 years of experience in customer facing role (sales engineering or customer success roles are preferred)
- Prior experience helping sell products in the BI, analytics, or SaaS space
- Passion for contributing new ideas to a quickly growing team & challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept
- The ability to empathize with customer pain
- Knowledge of account and portfolio management, especially regarding account expansion a plus
- A consistent record of success in previous positions
- An aura of integrity, professionalism, and a willingness to assist
- Knowledge of the analytics space is a plus
- Ability to travel to help our prospects or customers in the region, and back to Amsterdam (EMEA HQ) (up to 50%)
- You thrive in a growing, start-up environment
- There is no challenge too big to you
- Opening up a new market is exciting to you
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior. Over 20,000 companies from 180+ countries around the world use Amplitude. We now track over 4.5 trillion user actions every year to help digital product and growth teams instantly understand user behavior, build engaging experiences, and grow their business.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we currently have over 200 employees worldwide, of with 35 based in the city center of Amsterdam, at the European HQ. Recently, offices in London and Paris were opened to expand our local footprint in EMEA. Amplitude has secured several significant brand logos including Adidas, Booking.com, Philips, LeMonde, Microsoft, PayPal, Salesforce and Under Armour, and is selling unique technology across industries, typically addressing the product and growth community.
Amplitude was launched in 2014 and closed Series D funding in December 2018. The company was funded by 2 of the Top 10 Venture Capital Companies in the world and backed by Sequoia, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. In October 2018, the company was listed in the Forbes list of the Next Billion-Dollar Startups and we are looking for top talent to help define the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.