At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs - Battery Ventures, Benchmark, and YCombinator - our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
We are looking for a Lead Automation and Tools Engineer to help us build robust and scalable automation frameworks for both frontend and backend infrastructure. This role requires someone who will support continuous process improvements, innovation and are not afraid to tackle the challenges of a growing data company.
As a senior member of the Quality Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the automation test frameworks. You will work very closely with the development team to understand the system architecture and write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. You will help developers create good integration and end-to-end tests, which provides the best ROI. You will interact with everything, from our data ingestion pipeline to our in-house query infrastructure written in Java and Python. Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch. You will share your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
- Work closely with the development teams to deliver a high-quality product with high velocity.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and CI/CD Pipeline.
- Partner with the Product Development team to develop, authorize and support reasonable SLAs and critical metrics for the test framework.
- Conduct Proof of Concept on the latest testing technologies and automation tools
- Integrate AI and machine learning into automation development
- Implement, maintain, report and recommend improvements for code health metrics and defect density metrics.
- Mentor other Quality Engineers provide technical expertise in system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies
- Train engineers on test automation, strategies, standards, tools, and process.
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or any other technical field
- 5+ years of experience building data-driven automation frameworks and tools for both backend and frontend development.
- Strong API and database testing experience
- Experience in implementing and maintaining continuous integration framework and code promotion based on the positive outcome of increasing the breadth and depth of coverage and complexity of test suites.
- Strong working experience with popular and open source technologies like Git, Jenkins, Docker, Junit, TestNG, Pytest, Rest-assured, GraphQL, and Jira.
- Deep understanding of complex cloud and data center infrastructure and deployments.
- Strong hands-on experience with industry-leading frontend testing tools like Cypress, TestCafe, Appium, Selenium, Robot Framework.
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.