Who We Are
Our Product: Ampla is a financial platform designed to support omni-channel brands at scale, offering access to digital banking and working capital solutions.
Our Mission: We are tirelessly focused on building better financial technology to serve emerging brands across eCommerce and increase their likelihood of success.
Our Culture: We are proud to be people first and leverage our collective genius and diverse experience to push toward our goals.
Why Ampla: We know the current market is uncertain, and as a growing startup we’re excited to continue to add top talent to our teams. At Ampla we continue to outperform our goals; take a look at some of our recent achievements:
- Named one of BuiltIn’s Best Startups to Work for in NYC for 2023
- Acquired Upside Financing in Q4’22
- Launched three new products in 2022: Ampla Banking, Ampla Billpay, & Ampla Pay Later
- Raised $40mm in our Series A in Q4’21
About the Role
Data Analytics @ Ampla: The Data team architects solutions for both internal stakeholders and customer facing apps. We are looking for an experienced Director of Data Analytics to drive existing and future work streams as well as uncover improvement opportunities. You’ll be leading these efforts by identifying and detailing the requirements needed for your team to succeed. To accomplish this, you’ll be working alongside talented colleagues across Engineering, Credit, Finance, Go-to-Market, Operations, and Product teams.
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of data analytics engineers, data analysts, and data scientists who are focused on building and maintaining all analytics related products and solutions.
- Manage and mentor a team of data analytics engineers, machine learning engineers, data analysts, and data scientists
- Generate ideas on how to leverage data to improve the scalability and efficiency of business processes throughout the organization, specifically with a focus on automation of credit risk, underwriting and portfolio management
- Improve analytics tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly scalable data solutions
- Work closely with our stakeholders to facilitate the team’s work through coaching and guidance and provide both managerial and technical leadership.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders with solving technical challenges
- Work with other leaders across engineering and product to inform the technical roadmap and priorities
- Lead the team in technical scoping when determining engineering timelines and work closely with our senior data engineers to determine best implementation paths based on business needs
- 8+ years of data engineering and/or data analytics experience
- 3+ years of experience managing data teams
- Advanced knowledge and strong technical background in developing all areas of the data analytics pipeline, from data engineering to statistical modeling
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of SMB credit underwriting; including, credit risk processes and credit risk analytics
- Experience in developing credit strategies with quantitative methods to deepen credit underwriting automation
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, etc.)
- Sense of ownership, accountability & urgency with your teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment where you might be asked to wear multiple hats outside of your core responsibilities
- Passionate about the FinTech space
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field required
In compliance with local law, the anticipated base salary range for this position is $190,000 to $220,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on experience, level, skills, and other factors. In addition to base salary, Ampla offers competitive benefits such as 100% employer paid premiums for employee's medical/dental/vision and 50% for dependents, paid parental leave, flexible PTO policy, 401(k), and equity packages.
Ampla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.