Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve issues that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing an important market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting the consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
- Ingest and clean large amounts of data daily and blending it with real-time events
- Automatically stitch data together across different systems by training machine-learning models to build a probabilistic knowledge graph
- Take research algorithms and productionize them for high-scale usage
- Allow users to perform complex, real-time queries across an aggregated view of their data
- Publishing query result data to a diverse set of systems for client usage
- Craft a powerful and elegant user experience to make these systems accessible to humans
- And building the teams that accomplish this flexibly, durably, and while supporting each other in a distributed working environment.
- Two or more years of software management experience, with a strong emphasis on a humanistic approach and coaching engineers to their full potential. Building teams where everyone feels welcomed and comfortable showing up as themselves.
- Passion for building empowered, autonomous, psychologically safe teams that continuously improve their own working model.
- Five or more years of software development experience, with experience in big data systems, or large-scale distributed systems including hands-on engineering work in the past five years.
- Passionate about building a team that embraces psychological safety & humanistic approach so that everyone feels welcomed and comfortable showing up as themselves.
- Demonstrated passion for balancing robust SaaS craftsmanship with continually shipping value to customers.
- Leadership experience as the primary owner of complex projects involving coordination between customers, product management, and engineering.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies in a hands-on, practical manner.
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Spark, Mesos, Kafka, and Clojure.
- A microservice architecture, with most services written in Clojure.
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
Amperity has headquarters in Seattle and NYC. We are also currently hiring in CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT (Subject to change).
Base Salary: $180,000 - $240,000. This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the opportunity to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.