Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve issues that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing an important market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting the consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
- Continually ingesting and understanding large amounts of structured customer, product, and event data
- Creating probabilistic knowledge graphs by training ML models to unify this data across disparate systems
- Taking research algorithms and realizing them in production for extremely high-scale usage
- Building visual experiences and toolset to help users visualize their data, understand their customers and surface the most impactful insights
- Integrating our system into the operating core of the businesses we serve
- Automating the management of thousands of VMs running data processing jobs
- Experience working with large-scale data-oriented systems on a major cloud provider
- Passionate about building scalable infrastructure systems for both internal and external customers
- Proven software engineering and ownership skills in production environments
- Excited about using functional languages (like Clojure!) in a production environment - Clojure or functional language experience isn't required, but a willingness to learn is.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- Open-minded, collaborative, inclusive and obsessed with your customers' success
Technologies We Use
- Open source large-scale data engines such as Spark, Presto, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Terraform, SaltStack, and Kubernetes, deployed across many cloud platforms
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
Amperity has headquarters in Seattle and NYC. We are also currently hiring in CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT (Subject to change).
Base Salary: $180,000 - $230,000. This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.