Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve issues that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing an important market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting the consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
Amperity's Customer Analytics Consulting team works directly with some of the world's most loved consumer brands. The Customer Data Analysts on this team support and guide our clients and prospects in using, understanding, and acting on customer data. They call on business knowledge and deep technical expertise to unlock powerful insights from multiple industries and accelerate our clients' "speed-to-value" with Amperity.
The Director creates and executes a strategic vision that maximizes the role played by Customer Analytics in our business and in our clients' businesses, evolving our consulting offering to keep up with the volume and scope of demand, and managing a growing and inspired team. It is an essential leadership role at Amperity that inherently encompasses multiple ways to influence our strategy and growth.
In particular, this role is a wonderful opportunity to:
- Have outsized impact. Analytics is at the heart of data, and data is at the heart of our business and our clients' businesses, so your leadership will influence both their long-term success and our product. And because Amperity partners with hundreds of brands, the work you and your team do will help improve the customer experience for millions of customers.
- Scale our consulting practice by directing the creation and curation of subject matter expertise and templating consulting processes and deliverables for repeatability of service motions.
- The Director creates and executes a strategic vision that maximizes the role played by Customer Analytics in our business and in our clients' businesses, evolving our consulting offering to keep up with the volume and scope of demand, and managing a growing and inspired team.
- Hire, coach and develop a growing team of Analytics professionals with a mix of consultant, practitioner and other backgrounds united in their goal of driving value and adoption of the Amperity platform through a steady drumbeat of Customer Analytics-driven breakthroughs in every client relationship.
- Evolve the team in size, structure and composition as our business and demand for our services grow and change
- Consult with leaders from major consumer brands to identify trends, opportunities, and valuable segments that help them promote and measure incremental growth
- Represent the team and Amperity as an expert in the Customer Analytics space
- Support the Amperity selling motion with your deep analytics expertise, generating insights that showcase the value Amperity provides
- Build scalable methodology and tools to accelerate the analytics motion
- Help inform product direction
- Contribute to Amperity-sponsored analytic studies shared with our community
We are looking for a experienced leader passionate about organization-building, consulting, people management and customer data. You will have a variety and a steady stream of novel challenges, who excels at setting a vision and following through as that vision is implemented, and who feels great at the end of day of wearing multiple hats.
- Experience leading a consulting team in an analytical discipline; ideally in customer analytics and/or retail
- Minimum 10 years experience in a consulting, business analytics, or data science role, preferably working with customer behavior data for a direct-to-consumer business
- Independently plan and execute repeatable analyses and recommend actionable strategy for a variety of industries
- Demonstrated accomplishments as a "builder," in the form of both people (high-functioning, happy teams) and systems (knowledge management and templating of consulting motions)
- Strong communicator who easily bridges the gap between data and business owners on the outside, and clearly articulates company vision (and how Analytics is crucial to it) on the inside
- Creative thinker, can imagine new business use cases and identify the data necessary to make them a reality
Amperity has headquarters in Seattle and NYC. We are also currently hiring in CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT (Subject to change).
Base Salary: $175,000 - $225,000. This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Other Cash Incentives: For many of our positions, other cash incentives are also available.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the opportunity to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.