Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help top brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
- Ingesting and cleaning large amounts of data daily and blending it with real-time events
- Automatically stitching data together across disparate systems by training machine-learning models to build a probabilistic knowledge graph
- Taking research algorithms and productionizing them for high-scale usage
- Allowing users to perform complex, real-time queries across an aggregated view of their data
- Publishing query result data to a diverse set of systems for client usage
- Crafting a powerful and elegant user experience to make these systems accessible to humans
- And building the teams that accomplish this flexibly, durably, and while supporting each other in a distributed working environment.
- Two or more years of software management experience, with a strong emphasis on a humanistic approach and coaching engineers to their full potential. Building teams where everyone feels welcomed and comfortable showing up as themselves.
- Passion for building empowered, autonomous, psychologically safe teams that continuously improve their own working model.
- Five or more years of software development experience, with experience in big data systems, or large-scale distributed systems including hands-on engineering work in the past five years.
- Passionate about building a team that embraces psychological safety & humanistic approach so that everyone feels welcomed and comfortable showing up as themselves.
- Demonstrated passion for balancing robust SaaS craftsmanship with continually shipping value to customers.
- Leadership experience as the primary owner of complex projects involving coordination between customers, product management, and engineering.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies in a hands-on, practical manner.
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Spark, Mesos, Kafka, and Clojure.
- A microservice architecture, with most services written in Clojure.
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.