Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is a multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve issues that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship and help make a difference. We're addressing an important market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
The Vice President, Product Marketing will be responsible for driving the go to market (GTM) strategy for Amperity that will help Amperity to establish itself apart from the market and to fuel brand and product growth. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the VP of Product Marketing's primary function will be to commercialize and evangelize our differentiated customer data platform and IP into the right GTM approach to fuel our growth, evangelize our differentiation, and to influence market direction for CDP and adjacent categories.
- Design and operate a successful collaboration zone between product, sales, and client success, driving joint GTM outcomes that fuel growth both new and within existing customers
- Lead the organization to set the direction for target verticals, personas, key narratives, and the offer and product strategies to achieve traction in those markets
- Ensure Amperity brand and products are positioned and recognized as a market leader in the CDP as well as other adjacent categories
- Drive new business growth through activities that lead to product adoption, market expansion, new demand, and up-sell, including product launch and release initiatives
- Serve as an evangelist and thought leader that inspires; teaching others, creating content, and speaking internally/externally as a subject matter expert.
- Support the business to effectively communicate our value proposition and across field, owned, paid, and influenced using all available tools and deliverables including positioning, core messaging, naming, product demo, sales tools & collateral, case studies, white papers and campaigns
- Lead research initiatives that help us make informed business decisions to optimize the funnel and drive product roadmap, positioning, pricing, packaging, competitive intelligence, campaign and messaging.
- Lead and evolve the Product Marketing team
- Equivalent of 12+ years' experience managing and mentoring a product marketing team in a tech company, data oriented SaaS organization strongly preferred
- B2B experience required
- Experience operating and effectively influencing and aligning SaaS marketing teams driving outcomes across direct and partner channels
- Prior experience building diverse teams with a strong sense of mission and belonging
- Advanced knowledge of general and product marketing principles, brand and product management
- Demonstrated customer centric mindset
- Strong influence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience building trusted relationships with executive sponsors and end users
Base Salary: $200,000 -$250,000. This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Other Cash Incentives: For many of our positions, other cash incentives are also available.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.