Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports to: Senior Accounting Manager
The Accounting Associate is responsible for the administration of accounts payable and receivable. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this position ensures that accounting transactions are properly and timely processed, approved, recorded, posted, and reported following GAAP principles for accurate presentation of the financial statements; responds to vendors and internal customers’ queries and ensures compliance with company’s policies and internal controls. In short this role is at the center of keeping Ampaire on track to meet its mission through best in class accounting methods and actions that support us revolutionizing aviation!
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Processing new account applications including contacting references and ordering credit reports for submission for approval.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of accounts as requested.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Calculates and reports sales & use tax based on paid invoices, and coordinates filing with our CPA.
- Assists Accounting Manager with financial modeling and budgeting.
- Collects, organizes, and stores invoices from suppliers and vendors.
- Manages all Accounts Payable accounts that include the AP email account, credit card tracking account, and invoice payment account.
- Process and record all bills in accounts payable to ensure proper accounting of expenses and costs for current contracts and R&D programs.
- Ensure all incoming bills for AP are accurate, have proper documentations, are are approved by the appointed Ampaire manager
- Monitors and manages bank and credit accounts to ensure adequate funds are always available and payments are issued when due. Ensures no fraudulent activity is occuring in all accounts under Ampaire.
- Manages and verifies payment status on open bills for suppliers and vendors and troubleshooting any issues of payment.
- Manages and executes vendor credit and new customer applications for Accounts Payables.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- GAAP compliant accounting
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Knowledge of Accounting software. Quickbooks Online required. ERP software experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience with Bill.com and Asana a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with internal and external customers
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
At Ampaire, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Ampaire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Ampaire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.