Ampaire is a tech startup based in California that is leading the charge in electric aviation. We're on a mission to provide the world with electric commercial flights that are affordable, quiet, and environmentally conscious. We're building the future of air travel, are reimagining the way people and their things fly. We are a practical and lean start-up that quickly iterates and learns, and this has allowed Ampaire to be among the first of the electric aviation companies to actually fly. We currently are flying what we believe to be the world’s largest electrified aircraft by weight and capacity. We’re located at the intersection of aerospace and electric vehicles, right next to SpaceX and Tesla at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles County. As part of Starburst, the world’s top aerospace accelerator, we have access to an international support network. We're proud to have won multiple international awards as a Top Aerospace Startup (Hello Tomorrow, Paris), Top Electrification Startup (New Mobility Challenge, Los Angeles), and IEEE N3XT Stars. We've also been featured in Aviation Week for our creative business approach and early success. Our talented team brings a diverse background from top institutions including: Caltech, Stanford, USC, Northrop Grumman, SpaceX, Virgin Orbit, and General Motors.
- Aircraft level thermal management systems design.
- Specification and/or design of pumps, heat
exchangers, fans and associated plumbing and ducting including all required analyses.
detailed drawings for thermal management systems using Siemens NX CAD.
- Develop test plans,
equipment and procedures as required. Execute tests and generate reports.
- BS Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years of increasing responsibilities in aircraft systems design
- Familiar with aircraft heat exchanger design
- Basic capabilities in aerodynamics of inlets, outlets and ducts
- Proficient in fluid flow and thermal balance analyses
- Proficient in instrumentation and test of heat exchanger systems
- Basic understanding of aircraft technical disciplines (configuration, aero, systems, propulsion, structures, software/avionics, flight test, manufacturing)
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers and general users
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization to achieve organizational objectives
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Able to write in a clear and concise manner
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from other departments.
- Able to actively participate in multi-disciplined functional teams
- Able to communicate project status updates in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Matlab
- Able to effectively plan, organize and complete work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate complex technical information to other departments and functions
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization
- Highly motivated to provide project deliverables on time and be able to establish priorities when
multiple deliverables coincide
- Interest and ability to contribute to evolving work processes
- Demonstrated success in developing aircraft thermal management systems to include specification and/or design of pumps, heat exchangers, fans and associated plumbing and ducting including all required analyses.
- Direct experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM
- Direct experience with Siemens NX CAD software including large assembly management
At Ampaire, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Ampaire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Ampaire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.