Company: Amity [ こども英会話専門校 アミティー ]
Location: Nationwide in Japan; Various locations on the islands of Honshu and Kyushu
Industry: Education / Teaching
Function: Teacher, Instructor (ELT, Conversational English)
Work Type: Full Time / Entry Level
Salary: ¥275,000 ~ ¥275,000 / Month
- Salary increase with 2nd year contract, based on evaluation
Information meetings and personal interviews are conducted by video conference.
This position is located in Japan and requires relocating to Japan.
Love kids? Want to live abroad? Discover the world of teaching English in Japan!
Amity is a leader in the field of English conversation education for children in Japan. For over four decades, Amity has provided international teaching opportunities for enthusiastic professionals who enjoy working with children.
Amity Teachers have the unique opportunity to gain invaluable teaching skills as well as international business experience.
- *BA/BS degree; all majors considered (*Applicants without a BA/BS degree will not be considered.)
- Speaks English at an idiomatic level
- Completion of elementary, secondary and university education in English
- Experience working with children of various ages
- Competitive salary
- Visa sponsorship
- Paid training
- Holidays and vacation periods
- Subsidized, company-provided apartment
- Subsidized corporate health insurance
- Contract completion bonus
- Transportation stipend
Other Helpful Attributes:
- Teaching experience or background in education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and apply Amity’s teaching methods
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and adapt to cultural differences
- Ability to work and make contributions in a team environment
- Commitment to student satisfaction and success
- Sales/customer service experience
- Japanese language ability
- Teach English conversation lessons to students ages 6 months to 18 years old
- Plan creative lessons using Amity teaching methods and materials
- Maintain regular communication with parents regarding weekly lessons
- Interview and counsel prospective students
- Marketing Amity products and services
- Daily communication with students and parents in the branch school lobby
- Prepare progress records during specified periods throughout the school year
If you are currently living in the Philippines, please apply through our partnered licensed recruiting agency in the Philippines, Bison Management Corporation. Please contact them directly for more information on how to submit your application. Alternately, if you apply directly to Amity please use the link for Domestic applicants, as your application will be handled by the Amity Japan Office.
Additionally, non-Native (Japanese and non-Japanese) teachers with high level English ability and business-level Japanese fluency may also be considered for other teaching positions. Salary and Employment stipulations will be different from the Native English Teacher position. Please see our Japanese website for more information at www.amity.co.jp/recruit/ .
Candidates who submit Amity Applications with missing information may not be considered. Please understand that we are not able to respond to all applications.
*Please do not contact or visit Amity branch schools directly, as they are not staffed to handle recruiting inquiries.
Please feel free to contact the recruiting offices with questions at any time during the application process. Contact information is available on our websites.