Amino is looking for a senior technical manager to guide and expand our Data Insights team, and to oversee the development of our health data insights and analytics products from a methodological standpoint.
Amino’s Data Insights team is responsible for deriving insights from our vast data set of over 220 million people, 13 billion interactions, and over a million doctors. We use our data to help people make informed decisions about their care, from helping them find the best value providers, understanding comparative quality and experience metrics, comparing costs, as well as developing analyses that help us communicate back to our customers the impact we are having and value that we are providing.
What you will do
As the leader of Amino’s Data Insights team, your role will be split into three focus areas: building and leading a high-functioning team, individual contributions, and organizing and managing development efforts.
- As a manager, you will collaborate with human resources, recruiting and engineering management leads to develop a sustainable talent recruitment and retention strategy. You will provide mentorship and set up a formal professional development curriculum for each direct report, and oversee technical onboarding of new hires to the Data Insights team.
- As an individual contributor, you will utilize your deep healthcare data expertise to assist with the development of production analytical data and data science products, perform hands-on code reviews and methodological reviews, and develop and implement coding and documentation guidelines for our data insights codebase.
- As a team lead, you'll also work with product managers and team leads across our disciplines to appropriately scope projects, balance project ownership across the team to support knowledge-sharing and growth, and ensure we deliver projects on time to our high quality standards.
Your Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience and deep knowledge working with and deriving insights from healthcare data, including commercial insurance claims, provider directories, and insurance networks.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading teams of data scientists and data analysts, and working effectively with cross-functional peers in engineering and product.
- Track record of successful mentoring and professional development of direct reports.
- Advanced project management skills including experience with agile development.
- Excellent programming skills in Python + SQL.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of big data and statistical techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Experience contributing analytical work into production data processes + pipelines.
About Amino’s Engineering Team
We value patience, kindness, and generosity, and we love working in an environment of mutual respect where we are challenged every day. We take time to teach and learn from each other, and practice thorough and thoughtful code reviews to support each other and provide opportunities for knowledge-sharing. We have different backgrounds and levels of expertise, and are unified by our passion for simplifying the complex and making a meaningful impact on the world through our craft. When things go wrong, we look for problems with systems rather than people.
We work on cross-functional teams with product managers and designers to build products from early-stage concepts all the way through to live web products. We ship early and often. We strive for full test coverage in our code and validations in our data to enable us to move quickly and refactor without fear. We make use of continuous integration to automate as much as possible.