we’re amika. a friend to hair, hairstylists, her, him, them and you. 10 collections created for every hair type, texture and style - all hair is welcome.
We were kind and clean before it was a thing. Cruelty-free, Vegan and free from harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, dea, mit, mcit and over 1,300 ingredients on our “no list”. Going greener is top of mind, so we’ve partnered with Terracycle to recycle the unrecyclable and began producing only PCR plastic bottles in 2022. amika is a Climate Neutral Certified organization, Leaping Bunny Certified and Certified Vegan.
Founded in Brooklyn, we’re a collective of creatives, hair stylists, chemists and product enthusiasts. We create the style, products and packaging; take our own photographs and make our own films.
We love what we do.
The International Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a robust marketing strategy to facilitate rapid growth in the UK and further focus markets outside of North America. This key role will involve close collaboration with the global team to bring the brand strategy to life. The ideal candidate has exceptional interpersonal skills, experience of local market deployment and excellent organizational skills. This is an exciting role on one of the fastest growing haircare brands globally, where you will play a key role in shaping the future success of the business.
Location: remote - applicants must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom and be willing to attend occasional meetings in London
- Lead the International marketing strategy and execution for the brand, including ownership of the innovation calendar
- Develop strong partnership with our global team members to bring global strategy to life in key markets
- Support trade marketing plans for key retail partners, including supporting the development of JBPs (Joint Business Plans) for each retailer.
- Develop international PR & Influencer strategy
- Management of paid media and search strategy alongside key agency partners
- Attend key account meetings where necessary to present brand strategy and the marketing strategy
- Management of media budgets
- Monitor market trends, NPD and competitor activity to identify new opportunities for the brand
- 5+ years of marketing experience (beauty experience advantageous)
- A true collaborator, with the ability to get involved in tasks at all levels
- Trade marketing experience
- Knowledge of paid social media & search
- Understanding of DTC channel strategy preferable
- Experience of managing PR & Influencer campaigns
- Proven experience developing and executing brand strategy
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- A proactive, hands-on attitude with a creative mindset and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a small, fast-paced environment
Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.