Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
If this is you, your perfect job is here!
Amika is seeking a results-driven Retail Account Manager to join our dynamic sales team and support the strategic partnership and growth plans of several key retail accounts. Reporting to the Director of Retail Sales, the individual will have key focuses and responsibilities in cultivating retailer relationships, driving revenue, planning/forecasting, and managing the day-to-day business across Sephora US, Sephora at Kohls, Beauty Brands, and more. The role will promote collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams (marketing, education, planning, sales operations, finance) to ensure both client and company goals are achieved. Candidate must have strong analytical, writing and research skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life.
- Build best in class partnership with retailers to effectively maximize working relationship and deliver on sales goals
- Identify opportunities and challenges and develop strategies to increase sell through, revenue, profit and market share
- Manage each account p&l to balance investments and opportunities while monitoring retail profit contribution
- Partner with trade marketing to develop 360 plan around key launches and identify levers for in-store and online activations
- Foster collaboration with education and field sales to reinforce account strategies including events, training, store visits in order to drive long-term category growth
- Own the forecasting process for all new launch and existing core products by building accurate monthly projections, tracking weekly sales orders and monitoring wos and out of stocks.
- Coordinate planning and execution of monthly sampling initiatives
- Ensure all visual merchandising updates are executed in a timely manner and communicated to merchant team for retailer approval
- Provide and evaluate weekly/monthly/quarterly account business recaps and analyze sell-thru by SKU, ranking, productivity and competitive analysis.
- Manage inventory and assortment with close collaboration with Sales Operations and Planning teams.
- Act as the key point of contact with the account, managing and addressing daily requests, working closely with internal cross-functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience within Retail, CPG or wholesale channel
- Previous Sephora experience strongly preferred
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to project manage across departments to keep deliverables on track for retailer requirements
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects independently and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of execution
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Location: Option to work 100% remote from anywhere within the US, with addition light travel for work related purposes and 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY (paid by HMS).
Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. (HMS) is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We have created fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our company culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brand teams and Product Development take an idea for a tool or product, and create versions for internal testing (employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio (sensestudio.nyc) creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations team produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture!
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy - and pursuing B-Corp certification!
- Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
Some benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance + product discount (70% off!)
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Paid volunteering hours
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit, along with your resume.