Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
If this is you, your perfect job is here!
The Retail Territory Brand Manager will report to the Regional Brand Manager and is responsible for in-store sales and training within the designated territory. They will be responsible for executing all in-person education, sales, and event support with all amika retail accounts including Sephora. This person will also be responsible for the managing, educating, and scheduling of Independent Contractors to support the stores. This role will be accountable to lead trainings, develop and maintain store management relationships, motivate in-store sales teams, and effectively drive sales through side-by-side selling in stores within the territory.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Brand Managers to execute and exceed annual sales goals
- Responsible for crafting quarterly call cycle calendar keeping in mind key selling days, liabilities, and retailer promotions
- Host weekly store generated events according to corporate guidelines
- Partner with Regional Brand Manager to build positive relationships instore with key stake holders
- Pivot and be flexible as to the business and territory needs
- Comfortable in demonstrating styling of hair and have a proficient understanding of hair care
- Side-by-side selling with instore teams to achieve weekly store sales goals
- Capable of training independent contractors, and retail store employees, on amika products and selling techniques
- Ensure instore visuals and merchandising standards are met and timely
- Educate stores with consistent brand message
- Manage allocated T&E budget
- Manage hiring, scheduling, budget and payroll submission for independent contractors
- Work directly with stores and Regional Brand Manager to monitor stock levels
- Submit weekly recap reports for assigned territory
- Must be willing to work Tuesday – Saturday
- A minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 3-5 years' experience working with sales and education within the Sephora stores
- Experience educating beauty advisors in a busy and dynamic retail environment
- Excellent verbal/non-verbal communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience with event planning and execution within a retail environment
- Knowledge of ingredients and awareness of product positioning
- Previous experience building relationships with store management
- Willingness/flexibility to travel up to 30%
- Comfortable working with technology including excel, PowerPoint, slack, outlook and others
- Able to multi-task and be flexible to business need changes while maintaining a high level of organization
- Must live within commuting distance and be willing to be in-stores 90% of the time
Location: On the field, with 3-4 mandatory trips per year to HQ in Brooklyn, NY (paid by HMS)
Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. (HMS) is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We have created fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our company culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brand teams and Product Development take an idea for a tool or product, and create versions for internal testing (employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio (sensestudio.nyc) creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations team produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture!
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy - and pursuing B-Corp certification!
- Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
Some benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance + product discount (70% off!)
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Paid volunteering hours
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit, along with your resume.