Do you want to work in a cool, young, inclusive beauty company?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
Do you consider yourself a sales-driven strategic thinker?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
amika’s Key Account Manager will be responsible for the successful support and growth of the brand’s national professional distribution accounts. This individual with be responsible for leading the business planning and ensuring sales goals and budgets align with operational and financial processes. This individual will work in a collaborative manner across all teams and will need to build strong relationships with key personnel in all professional channel functions including field sales, demand planning, marketing, operations and the executive suite.
- Provide assigned customers with clear and consistent communication of all things amika, as the main and primary liaison between customers and the brand
- Develop business strategies for each customer aimed to increase sales, customer loyalty and profitability
- Develop, manage, and maintain the strategy and execution of the budget for assigned customers. Effective use and management of allowances that will drive incremental sales and deliver acceptable ROI of the budget
- Partner with Planning teams to forecast all skus, including open stock, promotions and new product launches, and review monthly to ensure accuracy
- Work cross functionally with the Marketing and education teams to develop tools and resources needed for the business development of customer, and partner with the field sales teams to execute all programs
- Connect with accounts on a consistent basis to understand business opportunities and challenges and report monthly on accounts’ sales performance, growth metrics and business opportunities
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to ensure that sales budgets and forecasts are achieved for assigned customers
- Partner with Design and Marketing teams to create and maintain deal sheets, catalogs, web and merchandising assets, and other distributor resources as needed
- Coordinate and lead all sales presentations, education webinars and tradeshows to discuss new launches, promotions and further understand the brand’s performance
- Work along with trade marketing and field sales for planning and execution of distributor sampling, loyalty and gratis allocation
- Analyze promo and sku performance metrics to get a better understanding of ROI and share feedback with Sales and Marketing teams for future promo build
- Work closely with Supply Chain/Operations to ensure inventory levels are maintained for sales forecasts and order fulfillment
- Work closely with brand sales operations teams to ensure PO processing, shipping and operational logistics are meeting requirements
- Manage and troubleshoot all Credit backs and RTVs for all Distributor accounts. Communicate with the Finance team to ensure accounts are up to date
- 3-5+ years of wholesale account management experience, professional beauty preferred
- Experience in demand planning/forecasting
- Experience with retail math, P+L and budgets
- Connections with key accounts such as Salon Centric and BSG/Cosmoprof
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 2+ years working with SAP or another Inventory Operations Software
- EDI knowledge a plus
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Education, NA
Focus: SalonCentric (US) and Cosmoprof (Canada)
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance for HMS brands
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.