Do you want to work in a cool, young, predominantly female-driven beauty company?
Are you passionate about the beauty industry?
Are you a self-learner who is looking for an amazing opportunity?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
At Sense Studio we combine design, image-making and storytelling, to create and develop a suite of beauty brands that have had remarkable success and cult-like followings. We are ambitious and passionate about building brands that contribute to the cultural landscape. Our studio is comprised of a closely-knit team of talented creatives who work across all mediums and platforms from design, photography, animation etc. The Video Editing Intern will work on the amika brand.
Your day will be filled with:
- Assisting in the editing and organization of various projects
- Taking final videos and adding ADA captions
- Assisting the lead editor and animator with first cuts on influencer videos when possible
- Collecting music and sound effects to create an extensive sound library
- Assisting with post production when necessary
- Organization of projects and footage
- Basic video editing
- Knowledge of premiere pro 1+ year required, after effects a plus
- Editing reel or editing samples needed to apply
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization time management and multi-tasking ability is a must
Please feel free to share additional resources when applying - we are interested in seeing your blog, portfolio, Instagram, etc.
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care/tool manufacturer based out of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, that’s been providing fun, performance-driven products and tools to professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You’ve seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salon (check amika out: loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva-NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (check eva out: eva-nyc.com). We know we owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a family-like work environment.
Unlike most other companies, we create everything in-house. Our product development team takes an idea for a tool or shampoo and tests a bunch of different versions (employee participation encouraged!). Next, it goes to our design team to create our unique packaging and marketing materials and then on to operations to get produced. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to get it out into the world. All along the way, we have our executives, accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly (we still have hiccups but we’re getting there!) No matter what part of the company you work, you have an impact on the company as a whole, which inspires a team mentality.
“Work hard play hard” may be cliché but it’s really what we believe in. We have company events throughout the year, big and small: from going to the bar for happy hour to a field trip to Coney Island (we love our home of Brooklyn). We have an amazing rooftop where we BBQ during the summer and we have a Summer Friday event calendar.
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
OK, are you in yet? Here are some more details:
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Type of Employment: Internship
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.