Do you want to work in a cool, young, inclusive beauty company?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
Do you have a strong passion for marketing?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
We are seeking a Senior Director, Growth Marketing / Consumer Engagement to lead the strategy, development and execution of engagement initiatives across the channels (paid, owned, earned) with a focus on digital/social/influencer/affiliate/pr/community. This role is responsible for being a key driver of growth by setting business goals, defining KPIs/metrics and constantly evolving team capabilities to ensure that they are met.
Develop disruptive 360 programs with a focus on digital to support the global marketing calendar, inclusive of social, influencers, communications/PR, content strategy, experiential events and partnerships; lead execution to increase awareness, generate demand and ultimately increase market share.
In this role, you will oversee full funnel paid digital advertising (in partnership with ecom team), owned social, PR/Influencer, community, advertising and email marketing. You will leverage your knowledge and experience across all marketing channels to drive scale and consistency, optimize performance and enable amika achieve overall brand equity and growth goals.
- Grow and improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets and customer quality based on lifetime value.
- Employ a data-driven strategy in order to build and execute digital testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency and channel mix
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand amika’s customer journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Ensure consistency in brand priorities, visual identity, content, and copy across all digital touchpoints to allow for strong storytelling and a seamless customer journey.
- Lead & manage the budget effectively to drive high ROI growth plans and deliver on revenue targets
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Partners closely with all teams across the organization, as well as key external agencies and retailers, to provide guidance on campaigns and best practices from concept to execution.
- Provide continuous coaching and performance feedback to fully develop and grow the consumer marketing team to reach their true potential
- Direct Team – Global PR/Influencer, Social Media/Community, Digital/Advertising
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of full-funnel paid marketing, content development, has a highly analytical and technical skill-set, and thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years digital marketing experience across paid and organic channels: paid search, paid & owned social, PR/influencer, affiliate, TV/video, and offline marketing channels
- Proven track record successfully managing acquisition budget and taking a company through an intensive growth period
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term need
- Possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- Pop-culture obsessed- always has a finger on the pulse for the newest, hottest, latest in beauty and fashion.
- Excellent communicator: Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership and project management skills; proven ability to build and manage teams
- Collaborate well across teams in a fast-paced, competitive environment
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance for HMS brands
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.