Do you want to work in a cool, young, inclusive beauty company?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the passion to thrive in a semi-startup environment?
Do you have a strong passion for sales?
If this sounds like you, here’s your perfect job!
We are seeking a talented and motivated Director of Retail Sales to join the amika team. As the Director of Retail Sales, you will be leading the account management of our retail partners. This person will work hand in hand with marketing, education and creative to drive launches and overall brand growth. The candidate will be able to manage key relationships, drive brand vision, track results, and optimize based on prior learnings. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of their team. The position will report to the Vice President of Sales and Education. You should be a proven sales leader, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have an intuition, passion, and flare for the haircare + beauty market.
- Drive short- and long-term strategies for North America/ Intl retail channels to meet and exceed company objectives; partner with cross-functional team and lead processes to successfully lead the execution of plans
- Own budgeting and forecasting across channel and product levels
- Build best in class partnership with retail partners to most effectively maximize working relationship and deliver on sales goals
- Develop strong and effective relationships with internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, product development, and operations
- Partner with marketing to develop 360 activation plans around key brand launches including the following levers: in-store/ digital animation, education, sampling, visual merchandising, etc.
- Be a brand advocate both internally and externally who can “sell” in big brand ideas and opportunities
- Drive a “digital first” brand mindset to create omni-channel experience for client.
- Partner with the field sales leadership team to build and execute education, sales support and event programs
- Drive brand visual merchandising managing in-store presentation, hero and core distortion, and elevation of client shopping experience.
- Oversee channel product assortments maximizing productivity, mix, and presentation
- 10 years global experience in Merchandising, Brand Management, or Account Management experience required. Must have 5 years experience working with Sephora
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Experience managing account P&L and inventory forecasting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, finance, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and distribution in Pennsauken, NJ. We create fun, performance-driven products and tools for professional stylists and consumers since 2009. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. You have seen amika in Birchbox, Sephora and in your high-end salons (www.loveamika.com) and you’ve seen Eva NYC in Costco, Target and Urban Outfitters (www.eva-nyc.com). We owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a tight-knit work environment.
Unlike most companies, we create everything in-house. Our brands and Product development take an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates versions for internal testing(employee participation encouraged!). Our amazingly innovative design studio to creates our unique packaging and marketing materials and our operations produces and distributes the new products. From there, marketing, sales and ecommerce take the reins to tell the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly. Every employee has an impact on the company, which inspires our collaborative culture.
Over the years we have defined our core values as inclusivity, sustainability, wellness and community engagement in our beautiful Brooklyn neighborhood and beyond. As we implement new processes and procedures, we rely on feedback and input from our employees to ensure every employee feels welcomed, safe and valued. We aim to practice what we preach and believe that our culture contributes to our success.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Monthly wellness events like yoga, meditation and guest speakers
- Striving towards an environment where you can be free to be yourself
- Rooftop BBQ’s in the summer and unforgettable holiday parties
- Off-site volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy
- Shared the same core values among staff and who are passionate about what they do
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- “Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development.”
- “A warm and encouraging atmosphere.”
- “Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant.”
- “Hard work is recognized.”
- “I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time.”
- “Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that’s rare in the workplace.”
- “Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas.”
- “What I like most about the company is the encouragements to grow your career. All of the brand presidents and most other people in leadership roles were here from the beginning and moved up to where they are now. Its inspiring and exciting - the company is truly serious about empowering and elevating people’s careers.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance for HMS brands
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.