American Well is a leading telehealth platform in the United States, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. With its belief that digital care delivery will transform healthcare, American Well offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living.
The Director of Training will provide thought leadership, strategic direction, and operational management by overseeing the design, development, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of the corporate and employee, provider and client, and product training areas. This leader will join the Client Services organization and work closely with the current operational team members while leading a new diverse team that will define and execute continuous learning programs that align with business and client objectives. This position requires both the ability to oversee creation of training curriculum and materials, manage a team of trainers, contribute to individual projects, as well as proactively manage project and program progress and communicate status to executives and cross-functional teams.
- Design, facilitate, and manage training and development activities supporting employee, provider, and client needs, including tool and process development, curriculum design, content creation and management, and implementation strategies.
- Direct and manage the assessment of internal and external needs for strategic learning initiatives that align with changing products, services, business, and market needs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand and prioritize needs; design and develop training plans, materials, content, and delivery methods that are both effective and scalable.
- Establish and implement key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of methodologies and events, driving continuous improvement of learning systems and practices.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify strategies to keep employees, providers, and clients informed of product, feature, tool, and procedural updates that are relevant based on roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate existing tools, develop and manage strategy to implement wide-scale internal and external adoption of a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage and develop training team responsible for all aspects of employee and corporate, provider, and product training that owns the entire training experience and understands how to maximize learning and address different learning styles of all users.
- Advise leadership on complex training-related business problems and solutions to support multiple business units and functional organizations.
- 10+ years of professional level organizational development and training experience, at least 3 of which have been in strategic design, administration, and management of training programs.
- Proven track record of success in leading programmatic growth and impact, leading cross-functional teams and managing a team of direct reports to develop and deliver effective training content.
- Ability to manage initiatives and achieve goals and objectives with evolving and changing scope while managing expectations with internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience with the latest enablement trends and learning management systems (LMS).
- Excellent coaching and development skills with a willingness to develop others.
- BA or BS Degree required; Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Instructional Design or Education, or Public/Business Administration or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well:
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.