American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in clinical services. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Manager, Clinical Programs will play a critical role in the Clinical Services department, developing new clinical services for strategic partners that expand the range of telemedicine services offered by American Well. As a key member of the New Clinical Programs team, you will work closely with the Clinical Directors, Clinical Operations and other teams within the Online Care Group to design and implement new offerings that expand the range and scope of our national telehealth provider network. You will partner with colleagues in Corporate Development, Health Plan Sales and Professional Services to assess how the Online Care Group can respond to new market opportunities with clients in diverse categories such as medical device, retail wellness and consumer gateway innovators.
Specifically, the Manager, Clinical Programs will:
- Identify new growth areas for existing telemedicine services businesses
- Act as the business owner for these services, possessing a complete understanding of all variables that impact the business
- Develop and implement innovative programs in the Sleep Medicine space
- Craft business plans for new programs and services and develop and execute project launch plans
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Build profitable relationships with third parties where it makes more sense to partner rather than build new services
- Understand customer needs as well as competitors’ marketing, products and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to healthcare services, pharma, medical devices, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting firm
- An MBA from a top-tier school or equivalent experience
- A confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and add immediate value in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Demonstrated experience delivering against targets & goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
Should you join American Well and the Clinical Services team, you can expect:
The Clinical Services team is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s system, AmWell, as well as client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group offers care in all 50 states and provides Urgent Care, Behavioral Health, Nutrition and Lactation services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through an innovative Telemedicine Platform. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. We use the most advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
In addition to New Clinical Programs, the Clinical Services team is comprised of 4 key areas: Provider Onboarding, Provider Operations, Network Operations, and Clinical Quality. We all work together to develop innovative new clinical programs, help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their technology needs, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks