American Well, headquartered in Boston and a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Finance for our Aligned Telehealth business unit. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video-enabled doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
Aligned Telehealth (Aligned) is a wholly owned subsidiary that operates our acute telepsychiatry clinical services. The providers in the Aligned business unit conduct both virtual and in-hospital acute psychiatry services across the United States. This position will provide senior leadership for Aligned and build and evolve business processes, data systems and general operations to support Aligned’s continued growth and expansion.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a business partner, determining progress against strategic plan, budget, and forecasts, as well as advising leadership on financial results. Responsibilities also include actively interpreting and reviewing financial results with the business leaders, including trends / issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses. The dynamic candidate can work independently in a high-growth business environment.
This position is based in Aligned’s Woodland Hills, CA office.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and financial forecasts by taking ownership of the business partnering role with functional Executive Leadership
- Build and manage financial/analytical reporting models including budget and forecast updates
- Prepare and maintain monthly budget and forecast to actual reporting and variance analyses
- Understand, develop and monitor business KPIs to report on business performance and trends
- Create financial and operational dashboards
- Aid in collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
- Analyze cash flows and expenditures
- Help with creation of Board of Directors and other Executive presentations
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects as requested
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to hit the ground running. Thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Teamwork approach to working
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly experienced in dynamic model building
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A required.
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- Public Company experience is a bonus
- Experience with NetSuite and Quickbooks
- Experience with Financial Planning Software
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Complimentary snacks and drinks