American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Systems Engineering. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Site Reliability Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, they will work to automate infrastructure and build deployments, both on private and public cloud platforms.
- Automate the deployment and management of production systems on private and public cloud platforms
- Scale out Docker infrastructure using container management solutions such as Kubernetes
- Support expansion of public cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Perform software development tasks, such as creating and maintaining internal tools, and integrating with 3rd party systems
- Evaluate new products, tools, and infrastructure platforms
- Ensure compliance with security and data handling policies to meet PCI, HIPAA, and other standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical direction to operations teams
- Collaborate with product developers to ensure successful deployment and hosting of the core product
- Proficient in programming and comfortable working with multiple languages such as Python, Java, Perl, PowerShell, and Bash
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools, specifically Ansible and Puppet
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes in highly available, production deployments
- Experience supporting production infrastructure on AWS and VMWare platforms
- Knowledge of log collection solutions, preferably Elasticsearch
- 5 or more years of experience running applications on Linux based systems
- Solid foundation of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Technical and non-technical communication skills
- Prior support of production systems
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks