At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Support Engineer will provide technical assistance, guidance, and training to end users and administrators of the company’s hardware and web-based video conferencing solutions. This position will play a vital role in ensuring the best customer experience possible by supporting the hardware, infrastructure, and enterprise software platform that is bringing a revolutionary end-to-end telemedicine solution to the medical industry. You will be joining a best in class support team with a proven track record of delivering Awesome month over month (100% customer satisfaction and service level compliance).
- Provide exceptional client support (on-site in person, email, phone, video) to medical users and executives
- Manage client relationships and be their go-to designated liaison and trusted advisor
- Document bugs, issues, and feature requests using our internal tools and processes
- Develop and maintain training materials used by hardware installation technicians
- Develop and maintain knowledge base materials used by our contact center and users
- Deliver on quarterly projects focused on improving customer and team experience
- Provide after-hours support (“on call”) as part of the team’s monthly rotating schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of experience in client facing customer service, client services, or technical support position.
- Experience troubleshooting network infrastructure and videoconferencing hardware
- Technically adept and able to diagnose SaaS mobile and web platform issues
- Comfortable supporting mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Passionate team player with a proven record of collaboration and ownership
- Customer advocate extraordinaire, critical thinker, and creative problem solver
- Exceptional, professional, and concise written and verbal communication
- Effective in using MS Office Suite products (outlook, word, powerpoint, excel, etc)
- Must be local to the Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana region
- Willing and able to travel regionally and nationally approximately 75%
- Reliable transportation (travel cost/mileage reimbursement provided)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience working in a SaaS company and supporting users
- Enterprise wireless infrastructure knowledge and troubleshooting
- Familiar with general health care terminology and health systems
- Familiarity with collaboration video tools such as Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, and Jabber, etc.
- Ticket tracking software experience (Salesforce, Jira, etc)
- The position is located in your HIPAA compliant home office and includes onsite visits to multiple customer locations: including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, business offices.
- Ability to communicate with other individuals in person, via phone, video and through email.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and the job requires the incumbent to use reasoning and judgment to address and solve business problems.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity in order to use common office equipment.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans