At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Associate Project Manager, Health Systems will play a critical role interfacing with Health System clients, as well as internal technology, product, and marketing organizations. This individual will partner with and support the Project and Account Managers to drive a successful implementation of the American Well telehealth platform, and foster an ongoing relationship with the client once their service is operational.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the American Well platform
- During the initial client implementation, provides support to the Project Manager in managing all aspects of the implementation project, including: meeting preparation, requirements documentation, platform configuration, and coordination with internal teams and third-party partners to ensure an efficient deployment per the agreed upon scope and schedule.
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- Facilitates training sessions for the client’s project and operational teams, and provider end users, specific to each client’s business model
- Communicates project status with team members and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in proactively identifying project issues and risks
- Provides ongoing support and management to the client with regard to new business initiatives, software updates, and enhancements
- Partners with the Account Director to support client account growth and drive ongoing project activities in support of the client’s strategic objectives
- Assists with providing operational support to clients after their platform has been launched
- 1-3 years of project management and/or consulting experience
- Ability to lead multiple projects of different sizes and complexities, in a technical and cross-functional environment
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and team building skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to respond to changes in project scope and schedule, and re-prioritize work to accommodate multiple competing priorities
- Ability to utilize effective communication skills to mitigate project risk
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Visio and Project experience are preferred)
- Flexibility for light travel (up to 20%, including overnight)
- BA or BS degree required
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks